Friday, April 1, 2022

Grated Potato Casserole

I had some extra potatoes, so I looked through Mom's recipe box for something to use them up. I found this casserole. It makes an excellent side dish. Adding some chunks of ham could make it a great main dish. With such common ingredients, this casserole has a classic flavor and is great for using up items that you might have around the kitchen.

When I made this recipe, rather than throw all the ingredients in a blender, I just finely chopped all the vegetables and mixed everything by hand. I did not have green pepper, but used the red and yellow pepper that I had around the house.

Grated Potato Casserole 

  • 1 cup milk
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
  • 1 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 cup diced cheddar cheese
  • 1 small onion, sliced
  • 4 medium potatoes, sliced
  • 1/2 green pepper, diced
Place milk, eggs, butter, and salt in blender. Start blender; add cheese and vegetables gradually. Blend until all the vegetables are cut fine. Turn into buttered casserole dish. Bake at 350 for one hour. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment