Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Chinese Beef Skillet

Mom loves Chinese food, so it is no surprise that Mom's recipe box has some recipes for Chinese-style dishes. This recipe is so delicious. I occasionally make stir fry meals using whatever ingredients that I have on hand, but I have never added pea pods to my stir fry dishes. I plan to do so now because they added great flavor and crunch to this dish.

This recipe comes together quickly. The recipe calls for frozen pea pods, but I used fresh sugar snap peas. Only after I started making this recipe did I realize that I was out of fresh onion, so I just used dried minced onion. I served this recipe over brown rice, but it would also be good with rice noodles. This recipe is a delicious and easy dish that is a good addition to your quick meal rotation.

Chinese Beef Skillet 

  • 1 pound round steak, cut in cubes
  • 2 Tbsp. oil
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/4 cup chopped onion
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 beef bouillon cube
  • 1 medium cauliflower, broken in buds
  • 6 ounce package frozen pea pods, chopped
  • 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
In a skillet, brown meat quickly in hot oil. Add one cup water, onion, garlic, and bouillon cube. Heat and stir until cube is dissolved. Add cauliflower, seasoned with salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for five minutes. Stir in pea pods. Cover and cook for five to eight minutes more or until cauliflower is just tender. With a slotted spoon, transfer meat and vegetables to warm serving dish. Combine cornstarch, remaining water, and soy sauce. Stir into pan juice. Cook, stirring constantly, until mix thickens and bubbles. Pour over meat and vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment