Saturday, March 19, 2022

Noodle-Almond Casserole

This recipe is a delicious side dish, and you could turn it into a main dish by adding chicken or tuna. I especially like the cottage cheese and almonds in this dish. The recipe is quick to make and uses easy and available ingredients, and this casserole can be assembled in advance and stored in the refrigerator.

When I made this recipe, I used elbow noodles. Any noodle would work, and I think egg noodles would be especially delicious. Also, instead of browning the bread crumbs before putting them on the casserole, I switched on the broiler for the last few minutes which gave the bread crumbs a nice crunch. Next time I make this dish, I might use more oregano.

Noodle-Almond Casserole 

  • 8 ounces medium noodles
  • 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 cup slivered almonds
  • 1/2 cup cottage cheese
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp. oregano
  • 1 cup bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup butter
Combine cream of mushroom soup, almonds, cottage cheese, sour cream, garlic powder, and oregano. Cook noodles until tender; drain. Add sauce; turn into casserole dish. Brown bread crumbs in butter. Sprinkle crumbs over casserole. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment