Sunday, September 19, 2021

Sugar Cookies

Not long ago, I posted a sugar cookie recipe. Upon further search in Mom's recipe box, I learned that those previous cookies were not Mom's favorite sugar cookie recipe. When I found the recipe card shown below, I knew I found Mom's favorite sugar cookies. The recipe card was so frequently used that it is nearly impossible to read. Luckily the ingredients and their quantities had been retraced, so I knew what to use. It looks to me as if the original writing is my Grandma's handwriting, with the retracing done by Mom. As for the instructions, I remembered the basic instructions from the many times I made the cookies with Mom. These sugar cookies are classic cookies with a nice crisp taste. They are delicious dunked in coffee.

Sugar Cookies 

  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup oil
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup powder sugar
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 4 cups flour
  • 1 tsp. cream of tartar
  • 1 pinch salt
In a large mixing bowl, blend butter, oil, sugar, powder sugar, and vanilla. Beat in eggs. Blend in baking soda, flour, cream of tartar, and salt. Blend dough well. Roll tablespoon ball of dough in sugar and place on baking pan. Flatten each cookie with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes or until edges just begin to brown. Cool on a wire rack. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment