Friday, September 3, 2021

Hamburger Stew

This recipe makes a hearty and filling meal. To be honest, my stew was not very stew-like; it was a bit closer to a casserole. I think I could have added more tomato sauce, but I like that it was quite thick. 

Hamburger stew uses a lot of ingredients that you might have everyday in your kitchen. The key ingredients are ground beef, canned tomatoes, onions, carrots and olives. I do not always have fresh celery around, but I usually have cut up frozen celery that would work well in this recipe. The recipe calls for using whole olives, but I used sliced olives instead. I used just one cup of rice and found that it was enough.

Hamburger Stew 

  • 2 pound ground beef
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 3 carrots, sliced
  • 3 ribs celery, sliced
  • 2 cans (16 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
  • 1 cup pitted whole ripe olives
  • 1/2 cup olive liquid
  • 1 1/2 cup pasta or rice
In a Dutch oven, brown ground beef and onion. Add remaining ingredients. Cover and cook for about one hour on low. Stir occasionally. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment