Thursday, September 9, 2021

Chocolate Creme Pudding

I have never made homemade pudding. Instead, I have relied on boxed instant puddings. When I found this recipe, I decided to give it a try. This pudding was delicious, but did not thicken up as much as I expected. I guess I will have to keep trying to make pudding to get it right. Even though my batch was not all that thick, it was delicious. With trial and error (and a lot of taste-testing), I am sure I will be come an expert at making pudding.

Chocolate Creme Pudding 

  • 2 cups milk
  • 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
  • 1//4 tsp. salt
  • 2 Tbsp. cocoa
  • 3 Tbsp. sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
Heat 1 3/4 cup milk in saucepan until bubbles around the edge. Combine cornstarch, salt, and cocoa in a mixing bowl; stir in remaining 1/4 cup milk and blend. Stir into hot milk. Add sugar. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until mix thickens. Beat egg until thoroughly mixed. Slowly stir some of the hot mix into the egg; stir back into hot mix. Cook over very low heat, stirring constantly until mixture is smooth and thickened. Remove pudding from heat and stir in vanilla. Cool, stirring occasionally. Pour into dessert dishes; Refrigerate. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment