Sunday, May 1, 2016

Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips

MDS does not like bananas. In fact, he refuses to eat anything with bananas. Or, I should say that he used to refuse to eat anything with bananas. But I got him to eat banana bread by spiking the bread with chocolate chips. Now, he will eat banana bread even if the bread does not have chocolate chips. Maybe I will eventually get MDS to eat actual bananas. When I brought some of the bread to a Saturday night at Mom's, it was a hit with all of the nieces and nephews there.

This recipe is just a basic banana bread recipe. You could use any recipe that you would like and just add chocolate chips.  When baking, I prefer to use Ghirardelli milk chocolate chips. You could also add nuts, if you want. I like making a cinnamon banana bread, which can be done by just adding some cinnamon to the batter or swirling it into the batter as you pour it into the pan. Next time I make banana bread, I might try cinnamon banana bread with chocolate chips.

Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips 
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup mashed banana (2-3 bananas)
  • 2 Tbsp. milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 3/4 cup flour

In a large bowl, mix the butter, bananas, eggs, and milk. Blend in the sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Blend in the flour. Pour batter into a greased loaf pan. Bake at 350 for 55 to 60 minutes. Allow to thoroughly cool before cutting. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment