Saturday, May 24, 2014

Double Fudge Brownies

Due to my serious sweet tooth, dessert was always important to me. Mom often made brownies, which I love. Mom's recipe box has a bunch of brownie recipes. I do not remember all of them and I am not sure which one she made most often, so I will have to try them all to determine the best recipe.

This brownie recipe results in excellent brownies. These brownies are a good blend of cake and fudge texture. The flavor is rich but not too rich. All around, these are delicious brownies. I recommend enjoying these brownies warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

Double Fudge Brownies 
  • 1 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2/3 cup butter
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/1 tsp. salt
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • optional: 1 cup nuts
In a saucepan, combine the sugar, butter, and water; bring just to a boil. Remove from heat. Add chocolate chips and vanilla; stir until chocolate melts. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Blend in the baking soda and salt. Gradually add in flour. Spread the batter in a greased 13x9 pan. Bake at 325 for 50 minutes. Allow to cool. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment