Friday, November 24, 2023

Apple and Butternut Squash Baked Brie

Recently, MDS and I met up with Christen, Rich, Lucas, Eva, and Tim to look at the multicultural artifacts at Oak Park's Dole Library. Then, we went to the nearby Daly Bagel for lunch. Rich and I both tried to special bagel sandwich that included brie, apples, squash, and onion chutney. I thought that this flavor blend would make an excellent baked brie appetizer, so I gave it a try for Thanksgiving.

This baked brie is easy to make. Just about any brie will do; there is no need to buy the most expensive brie. When I made this dish, I used frozen butternut squash. Of course, you could use fresh squash, but the frozen version makes this dish come together faster. One addition that I might try next time is to add onion chutney, which I had on hand, but forgot to take out to serve with the dip.

Apple and Butternut Squash Baked Brie 

  • 8 ounce wheel brie
  • 1 apple
  • 10 ounces frozen chopped squash
  • 3 Tbsp. butter
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
Peel, core, and dice the apple. In a sauce pan, melt the butter. Add the cinnamon and apple. Cook for five to ten minutes, until the apple begins to soften. Add the squash. Cook for about ten more minutes, until the sauce becomes a sticky caramel. Place the brie in a baking dish. Score the top rind with a knife. Pour the apples and squash over the brie. Bake at 325 for about ten to fifteen minutes. Serve with bread or crackers. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment