Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Meat Loaf (Sandy's)

I found this recipe among Grandma's recipes. Based on Mom's name in parentheses, I assume Grandma got the recipe from Mom. In childhood, I mostly remember Mom making a different meat loaf recipe. Because meat loaf is an easy dish to make and the flavor can be easily changed with different seasonings, it makes for an easy meal. This recipe will have to make it into my rotation.

When I made this recipe, I used about three pounds of ground beef, but then the pan was slightly overflowing, so I recommend using two pounds of ground beef, unless you plan to use more than one loaf pan.

Meat Loaf (Sandy's) 

  • 3 eggs
  • 3 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 1/4 cup bread crumbs
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 2 tsp. minced onions
  • 2-3 pounds ground beef
Mix together all ingredients. Pack the mixture into a loaf pan. Bake at 350 for 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours. Allow to cool for about ten minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment