Sunday, March 12, 2023

Baked Cauliflower

While I am off sweets until Easter, I search through Mom's recipe box for recipes I might otherwise overlook when I am seeking out delicious brownies, cookies, and cakes. I found this baked cauliflower recipe that sounded interesting, and it makes a good side dish that is quite easy to make.

When I made this recipe, instead of starting with raw cauliflower, I used frozen riced cauliflower. This short cut was worthwhile, but I think I might have enjoyed this dish with larger pieces of cauliflower. Instead of using a jar of pimento, I used some sweet peppers that I had on hand. I think that this dish would be delicious using broccoli instead of cauliflower, or a mix of vegetables.

Baked Cauliflower 

  • One head of cauliflower or frozen riced cauliflower
  • 3 beaten eggs
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 1 jar (2 ounce) pimento, drained
  • 2 Tbsp. minced parsley
  • 1 cup milk or half and half
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper
  • 1 cup bread crumbs 
  • 2 Tbsp. melted butter
If using fresh cauliflower, cut into flowerets, place in pan, and cover in water. Bring to a boil; simmer for 10 minutes. Drain and chop finely. Combine eggs with 1/4 cup melted butter, pimento, and parsley. Mix in the cauliflower. Add milk, salt, and pepper. Turn mixture into a buttered casserole. Top with bread crumbs mixed with melted butter. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until it is set. Enjoy!

1 comment: