Sunday, October 2, 2022

Grandma's Pasta Salad

My Grandma's recipes frequently lack full detail and require a bit of improvisation. This pasta salad recipe is no exception. So the amount I list below are estimates that you can easily adjust to suit your preferences. This pasta salad is a great summer recipe.

I made this recipe because many of the vegetables required were growing in my garden and just waiting to be used. My cherry tomato plants have been producing non-stop tomatoes all summer. My bell pepper plants have been producing waves of peppers. The cucumber plants are also still going strong, but recently the squirrels have started to take bites out of the cucumbers. I do not currently have any onions growing so I used plenty of fresh chives.

Grandma's Pasta Salad 

  • Box of spiral pasta, cooked and drained
  • 2 cups chopped tomato
  • 2 cups chopped cucumber
  • 2 cups chopped bell pepper
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion or chive
  • 1/2 cup sliced black olive
  • 2 Tbsp. olive oil
  • 1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
  • 1 Tbsp. mustard
  • 1 cup cubed cheddar cheese
Mix together pasta, tomato, cucumber, bell pepper, onion/chive, and olive.  Make a vinaigrette by blending the olive oil, vinegar, and mustard together. Toss salad with vinaigrette. Top with cheese cubes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment