Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Almond Jewels

Every December, I make lots of cookies to share with friends and family. Due to this year's pandemic, I might not make as many cookies, but I will still enjoy the ones that I do make. Mom has a separate recipe box devoted just to cookies, so I can always find something to try out. These Almond Jewels are a hit. 

The recipe is a basic shortbread that gets dressed up with sliced almonds. Shortbread is a quick cookie to make because the entire batch is made in one pan as a sheet, then cut into the desired size after baking. When I made this batch, I cut some jumbo cookies and some bite-size cookies. No matter what size you cut the cookies, they will disappear fast because they are so delicious.

Almond Jewels 

  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1/2 cup sliced almonds
Heat over to 300. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; blend in egg. Add flour and mix well. Spread in a 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 jelly roll pan. Sprinkle with almonds; press almonds lightly into the dough. Bake at 300 for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Cut into bars. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment