Thursday, September 10, 2020

True French Dressing

I prefer making my own salad dressing to store-bought dressing. Homemade dressings taste better, and I can control what is in them. I always enjoy vinaigrettes, so this recipe stood out as a good variation to try. This dressing will be part of my rotation.

This recipe might be called True French Dressing because it is not a creamy dressing that includes ketchup and called French dressing in America. A true vinaigrette uses oil mixed with vinegar or lemon juice, along with some seasoning. Mom's recipe calls for corn oil, but I used olive oil. I really enjoyed the seasoning of paprika and dry mustard.

True French Dressing 

  • 1 cup olive oil
  • 1/3 to 1/2 cup vinegar
  • 1 to 3 Tbsp. sugar
  • 1 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. paprika
  • 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
  • 1 clove garlic
Measure all ingredients into a jar. Cover tightly and shake well. Chill several hours, then remove the garlic. Shake thoroughly before serving. Note: Lemon juice may be substituted for all or part of the vinegar. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment