Friday, February 21, 2020

Chocolate Cinnamon Brownies

When I was a kid, I was not a big fan of cinnamon. But now I love cinnamon, especially cinnamon with chocolate. What is it about that combination that is so delicious? And why did I not like it as a kid? Maybe I just needed to wait until my tastes matured.

This brownie recipe is more cake-like than fudge-like. When I made it, it was a little crumbly but that was probably because I set the oven temperature higher than called for for the first ten minutes of the baking. Also, I left out the nuts. As much as I like nuts, I usually prefer brownies without nuts. If I were to use nuts, I would use almonds.

Chocolate Cinnamon Brownies 
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 2 squares bakers chocolate
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • optional 1 cup chopped nuts
Stir together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt; set aside. Melt butter and chocolate in a heavy saucepan over low heat. Meanwhile beat sugar, eggs, and vanilla until thick and lemon colored. Add flour and chocolate. Beat with a spoon until smooth. Stir in nuts. Spoon into a greased 9x9 pan. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until done. Cool. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment