Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Hoisin Mint Sauce

In late summer and early fall, Mom's garden produces so much mint. Because I love mint, I am always looking to find new ways to use the fresh mint. Recently, Mom found a bunch of mint recipes in Chicago Tribune, so she saved the page for me. This sauce was one of the recipes. I used this sauce primarily as a salad dressing, but it could be used as a marinade and sauce for meat or vegetables. I did use the sauce to marinate and glaze roasted Brussel sprouts. The sauce is easy to make and lasts about a week in the refrigerator.

Hoisin Mint Sauce 
  • 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
  • 1/4 cup vinegar
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1 Tbsp. paprika
  • 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
  • 2 tsp. ginger paste
  • 6 Tbsp. finely chopped mint
Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl. Refrigerate for at least an hour before use. Serve on you favorite salad, meat or vegetable. Enjoy!

1 comment: