Thursday, October 3, 2019

Bohemian Cheese Noodles

This time of year, Mom's garden has all sorts of produce available, including the fresh parsley that I used for this recipe. Mom's parsley is quite flavorful, so this dish was delicious. I recall this recipe from when I was a kid, but I don't remember the parsley, possibly because Mom used dried parsley rather than fresh parsley. But what I remember most from this recipe is the cottage cheese. When I was young, I did not like cottage cheese, but now I like it. So I really enjoyed this recipe. And it is such an easy side dish, so you should give it a try, especially if you have fresh parsley on hand. But even dried parsley would work just fine.

Bohemian Cheese Noodles 
  • 8 oz. egg noodles
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper
  • 1/2 pound cottage cheese
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1Tbsp. chopped parsley
Cook the noodles as directed on the package. Drain. In the sauce pan, melt the butter and add salt and pepper. Return noodles to saucepan. Blend cottage cheese and milk; add to noodles. Mix lightly and simmer in a covered saucepan for 3-4 minutes. Turn out into a serving dish and sprinkle with chopped parsley. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment