Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Lemon Nut Bread

I found this recipe in Mom's recipe box. I usually see lemon paired with poppy, but this recipe calls for lemon paired with pecan, which I thought would be an interesting combination. This recipe did not disappoint. The lemon was delicious and the pecans added a nice touch.

This recipe calls for a loaf pan, but you could just as easily make muffins and adjust the baking time. When I made this recipe, I did not have any lemon rind on hand, so I left it out. I just used some packaged lemon juice. I suppose the recipe might be better using fresh lemon juice and rind, but sometimes convenience wins over fresh fruit.

Lemon Nut Bread 
  • 3/4 cup butter
  • 1 1/4 cup sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 1/2 cup flour
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/3 cup lemon juice
  • 2 tsp grated lemon rind
  • 3/4 cup chopped pecan
Heat oven to 350. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Blend in eggs. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add alternating with milk to creamed butter; mixing well with each addition. Stir in lemon juice and rind; mix well. Fold in nuts. Pour into greased and floured 9x5 loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment