Sunday, April 8, 2018

Baja Burgers

I am not sure where Mom found this recipe, but I imagine that she tried it in order to spice up the basic burgers that we always loved. My siblings are not always open to new things, so it is quite possible that they were not too pleased with a different burger and insisted on just the basic burger. But MDS and I loved these burgers, so I highly recommend that you give them a try to mx up your burger routine.

This recipe can easily be scaled up or down for more or fewer burgers. Because you are making the patties, you can adjust the shape and size for the buns that you plan to use. Instead of french rolls, I used brioche buns. I really liked the addition of crushed corn chips in the burger, which gave the burger a great flavor. And, by cooking the burgers in the tomato sauce that became the topping for the burgers, there was a terrific blend of flavors. I used a slice of cheese rather than shredded cheese because that is what I had on hand, but many types of cheese would be great with this burger. I also slightly toasted the buns and served the burgers with grilled onions.

Baja Burgers 
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1/2 cup crushed corn chips
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 can tomato sauce
  • 1/4 tsp. garlic 
  • 1/4 tsp. chili powder
  • rolls or buns
  • 1/4 cup sliced olives
  • 1/4 cup shredded cheddar 
Mix the beef and corn chips. Shape into patties slightly larger than the buns you plan to use. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook in a skillet about 8-10 minutes per side. Combine tomato sauce, garlic, and chili powder; add to skillet and simmer for for a few minutes to blend flavors. Place burgers on the buns. Top each burger with sauce, olives, and cheese. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment