Sunday, February 23, 2014

Applesauce Muffins

When I came across this recipe, I knew I would really like it. I don't specifically remember Mom making it when I was a kid, but I didn't really like cinnamon when I was young, so I might not have liked these muffins. Now that my tastes have matured, I have come to love cinnamon. These muffins have just the right amount of cinnamon to complement the sweet apple taste.

These muffins are very easy to make and can be whipped up quickly without much effort. It is likely that the ingredients are ones that you have in the kitchen. Mom's recipe calls for raisins and nuts, but I left them out. Also, Mom's recipe calls for a teaspoon of salt, but I left it out, too. I used a little more cinnamon than the recipe calls for and found the end result delicious. 

Applesauce Muffins 
  • 2 cups flour
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup applesauce
  • 1/2 cup oil
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • optional: 1 cup raisins and/or nuts
  • Topping: 1 tablespoon sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Combine all the ingredients (except topping) and blend well. Grease or line muffin pan with paper cups. Fill the muffin cups 2/3 full of batter. Combine the topping ingredients. Sprinkle over the batter. Bake at 400 for 15 to 20 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment