Monday, September 3, 2012

Cheese Ball

Mom usually made this cheese ball for big family parties. This recipe is easy and should be made in advance. It can last in the frige for a while and it can even be frozen.

Mom recently hosted the family for Labor Day. Just the day before, I was flipping through Mom's recipe box when I came across this gem. It has been years since I have tasted this cheese ball, but it tastes just as I remember. Mom and I are pictured here enjoying the cheese ball before anyone else had even arrived at the party.

Mom usually used nuts with this recipe to coat the cheese ball, but the recipe states that you could use parsley or paprika instead. I used almonds when I made this cheese ball because I like almonds and had some around the house. Mom seems to think that she used walnuts, but any nut would work. Mom also remembered using parsley and paprika, so I will have to try those another time.

Cheese Ball 
  • 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
  • 1 jar (4.5 oz.) mushrooms
  • 1 Tbsp. dried minced onion
  • 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 cup chopped nuts
Drain and finely chop the mushrooms. Mix the cream cheese, mushrooms, onion and sauce. Chill for about one hour. Form the cheese into a ball and roll in the nuts. Serve with crackers. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment