Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Chop Suey Caserole

I find this recipe in Mom's recipe box; I suspect Mom found it on a soy sauce label or something similar. Despite the name, it is a very American dish because it includes a can of condensed soup and is a classic American hot dish. In my internet research, I found a number of variations that appear under this name, but I stuck to Mom's version. It is a delicious and filling meal that is quite easy to make.

The prep work for this dish takes a little bit of time because the ground beef needs to be browned. Otherwise, the dish just takes time in the oven. When I made this recipe, I used a smaller dish and had to use two dishes. Next time, I will use one 13x9x2 pan.

Chop Suey Caserole 

  • 1 pound ground beef, browned
  • 2 cups diced celery
  • 1 1/2 cups diced onion
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 1 cup rice, uncooked
  • 1/3 cup soy sauce
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
Combine all the ingredients. Pour into a 13x9x2 baking dish. Bake at 350 for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment