Sunday, October 1, 2023

Pepper Steak

I found this among Grandma's recipes. Because I had plenty of tomatoes and bell peppers from my garden, I figured harvest time would be a great time to test out this recipe. I was glad to be able to use some home-grown vegetables, but don't let a lack of a garden stop you from trying out this recipe.

When I made this recipe, I added more onions than called for because I wanted to use up some of the onions that I had on hand. I also used beef bouillon cube dissolved in one cup of hot water instead of beef broth. The amount of vegetables can be modified to adjust this recipe to your taste.

Pepper Steak 

  • 1 1/2 pounds round steak
  • 2 onions, chopped
  • 1 cup beef broth
  • 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 2 green peppers, cut to one-inch pieces
  • 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
  • 1/4 cup cold water
  • 2 tomatoes, cut up
  • 3 or 4 cups cooked rice
Trim and cut meat into strips. Brown in a small amount of oil. Push aside and brown onions. Stir in broth, soy sauce, garlic. Simmer until meat is tender. Add green pepper; simmer for five minutes. Blend cornstarch with cold water. Add to meat gradually. Add tomatoes and heat through. Pour over rice. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment