Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Pan Con Tomate

In light summer, my garden produces so many tomatoes, I am always looking for new recipes to use them. Last December, my brother Chris took me to Jaleo for a delicious Spanish lunch. One of the dishes we tried was a Pan Con Tomate that I have re-created here.

This year, my garden has cherry tomatoes, roma tomatoes, and big bertha tomatoes. When I made this recipe, I used a big bertha and a roma to make the tomato pulp. Many types of tomatoes could work, so use what you have on hand. I also recommend using a better olive oil. When I made this recipe, I used a small French loaf. Other hearty breads, such as ciabatta, would work well.

Pan Con Tomate 

  • 2 ripe tomatoes
  • 1 loaf of bread
  • olive oil
  • 1 clove garlic
Slice the tomatoes in half. Place a grater over a bowl and grate off the pulp of the tomato into the bowl, discarding the skin. Slice the bread lengthwise, then into one to two inch slices. Brush olive oil onto each slice of bread and place on a baking sheet. Place under a broiler for two to three minutes. Remove from broiler and rub cut garlic clove on each  slice. Spoon tomato pulp onto each slice. Serve warm. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment