Sunday, August 1, 2021

Fresh Strawberry Pie

Strawberries are a classic summertime fruit, and nothing beats a no-bake pie when the weather is warm. I found this recipe and knew I had to try it. This pie is delicious. It would be great for a summer get-together or just to enjoy all by yourself.

When I made this recipe, rather than using a classic pie crust, I substituted with a graham cracker pie crust. The graham cracker crust is so easy to make and adds great flavor to the pie. The strawberries that I used were so large so I just them into quarters. The pie needs to be refrigerator, so it is a great make-ahead dessert. Mom's recipe calls for using food coloring, but I left it out as not necessary.

Fresh Strawberry Pie 

  • 1 package (3 oz.) strawberry jello
  • 1 2/3 cup boiling water
  • 2 cups thawed cool whip
  • 2 Tbsp. sugar
  • 1 pie crust
  • 1 1/2 cup strawberry halves
Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Chill until slightly thickened. Measure 1/2 cup and blend into cool whip with sugar. If necessary, chill cool whip mixture until firm enough to mound. Spread over bottom and ups side of the pie crust. Stir strawberries into the remaining thickened gelatin and gently spoon over top of cool whip mixture. Chill at least three hours. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment