Sunday, January 10, 2021

Milk Chocolate Marble Squares

These Marble Squares have a similar taste to chocolate chip cookies, but are a bit quicker to make because they are baked as a bar in a single pan. I highly recommend eating them fresh out of the oven when they are still quite gooey. 

Mom's recipe calls for using a 13x9 pan, but I used a 9x9 pan. I had a hard enough time spreading the dough into the 9x9 pan because it was quite sticky and stiff. But because I used a smaller pan, I might have had too much chocolate, so it was hard to marbleize the chocolate. And it is hard to complain about too much chocolate. When I made this recipe, I did not include the nuts, but I think almonds would be delicious in these squares.

Milk Chocolate Marble Squares 

  • 1 cup milk chocolate chips
  • 2 tsp. cooking oil
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 6 Tbsp. sugar
  • 6 Tbsp. brown sugar
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/4 tsp. water
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup + 2 Tbsp. flour
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 cup chopped nuts
Combine chocolate chips and oil in small pan over low heat. Stir until chocolate melts and mixture is blended; set aside. Combine in a bowl the butter, both sugars, vanilla, and water; beat until creamy. Blend in the egg. Sift in the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir in the nuts. Spread dough into a greased 9x9 pan. Spoon melted chocolate mixture over top; run a knife through the batter to marbleize. Bake at 375 for 14-16 minutes. Cool. Cut into squares. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment