Friday, June 5, 2020

La Strata

This recipe is easy to make and delicious. I vaguely recall this recipe from when I was a kid because of the cottage cheese, which I did not like on its own then. I do like cottage cheese now, so I like this recipe even more now. This recipe includes the use of many items that you might have around the kitchen, so it should be quick to throw together for a great meal.

Strata is a layered casserole dish. Often strata recipes include eggs and are served as breakfast dishes. Not this one. This dish is a hearty lunch or dinner recipe. When I made this strata, I did not include the mushrooms.

La Strata 
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1/4 cup minced onion
  • 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
  • 1 tsp. basil
  • 1 tsp. chopped parsley
  • 1/4 tsp. oregano
  • dash garlic salt
  • 1 4 oz. can mushrooms, drained
  • 1 10 oz. frozen spinach, thawed and well-drained
  • 8 oz. cottage cheese
  • 4 oz. shredded mozzarella
Saute ground beef and onions until onions are tender and meat is browned. Add tomato sauce, basil, parsley, oregano, garlic salt, pepper, and mushrooms. In a bowl, combine spinach and cottage cheese. Arrange in layers: spinach mx, meat mix, then mozzarella. Repeat layering, ending with cheese. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes until hot and bubbly. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment