Sunday, December 1, 2019

Toffee Bars

In preparation for Christmas, I looked through Mom's recipe box for cookies to make this year. When I saw this Toffee Bar recipe, I remembered making it with Mom because it was so easy and yielded many bars. So I made this recipe for Thanksgiving. I know that pies are the traditional dessert at Thanksgiving, but there were plenty of pies. These Toffee Bars are so easy to eat and can be cut into small bars, it almost doesn't count as having dessert.

When I made this recipe, I used milk chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet chocolate chips just because I prefer milk chocolate. I also used about twice as many chips as called for in the recipe, in part because I did not use nuts when I made this recipe. If I were to use nuts, I think I would use almonds, but any type of nut would do.

Toffee Bars 
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • 1 cup chopped nuts
Thoroughly cream together the butter, sugar, and vanilla. Add flour and mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Press dough into an ungreased 15 1/2 inch by 10 inch jelly roll pan. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until brown. While still warm, cut into bars. Cool before removing from the pan. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment