Sunday, January 7, 2018

Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies

Our new neighborhood farmer's market is at the Park at Wrigley Field. Thursday nights in the summer (unless the Cubs have a home game), various vendors set up along the Clark Street side of Wrigley. This summer, MDS and I tried a Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookie from one of the vendors. I loved the cookie and knew I could make my own. Then, I was looking through Mom's recipe box and came across this recipe. It was meant to be.

These cookies are just delicious. The version we had at the Wrigley farmer's market were so large, they required both hands to hold. But, I decided to go with the small cookie version in Mom's recipe. I made these to bring to Noah and Jen's fifteenth anniversary party. I used strawberry jelly because that was my favorite as a kid. Chris liked the cookies, but thought they would have been better with grape jelly. Mom said that we had both grape an strawberry jelly when we were kids, but I guess we each had our preference. One change to Mom's recipe is that I added the jelly before baking the cookies, but the recipe says to add the jelly after baking. I think the jelly sets a little better by baking it with the cookie, but it does require more time to cool.

Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies 
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • Favorite Jelly
Stir together flour, butter, peanut butter, sugar, egg, and salt until smooth. For each cookie, roll one teaspoon of dough into a ball. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. With your finger (dip in water if it gets too sticky), make a dent in the center. Fill hollow with jelly. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment