Sunday, April 23, 2017

Ham & Cheese Casserole Bread

After hosting Easter, I had a lot of leftover ham, so I was happy to find this recipe in Mom's recipe box as a great way to use some of those leftovers. The bread is very flavorful, but also very simple to make--just mix everything together and bake it in a dish. I brought some of the bread to Mom's for a standard Saturday night. Mom, Meg and Tim really liked the bread, so I was happy to share it with them.

I did not have biscuit mix on hand, instead, I used two cups of flour, one tablespoon of baking powder and four tablespoons of melted butter. While this was a good use of leftover ham, it would also be good with leftover bacon or sausage. I also really like sesame seed, and I would consider mixing in some sesame seeds into the dough, in addition to adding some on top.

Ham & Cheese Casserole Bread 
  • 2/3 cup chopped green onion
  • 2 cup biscuit mix
  • 1 cup chopped cooked ham
  • 2 Tbsp. oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 2/3 cup milk
  • 1/2 tsp. prepared mustard
  • 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 2 Tbsp. sesame seed
  • 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
In a bowl, combine biscuit mix and ham. In another bowl, blend oil, eggs, milk, mustard, onions and 3/4 cup cheese. Stir into ham mixture. In buttered round casserole dish, spoon in ham mixture. Sprinkle remaining 3/4 cup cheese, sesame seed and melted butter on top. Bake at 375 for about 40 minutes. Allow to cool before cutting. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment