Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Grandma's No Bake Cheesecake

Grandma loved cheesecake. I have already posted about Grandma's Ricotta Cake and Grandma's Italian Cheesecake, both excellent cheesecake variations. In her recipe collection, Grandma had four copies of this No Bake Cheesecake recipe, so she must have loved it. I think that I know why. It is super easy, and, in the heat of summer, having a cool and delicious dessert without having to turn on the oven is the best.

This recipe calls for a graham cracker crust. It is so easy and so much tastier to make a homemade cookie crust, I recommend taking the few extra minutes to make the crust instead of using a store bought crust. I used traditional graham crackers, but other cookies could be used and would be very delicious. Next time that I make this recipe, I might try using some chocolate cookies for a chocolate crust.

No Bake Cheesecake
  • Graham Cracker Crust
  • 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 (8 ounce) cool whip, thawed
Beat the cream cheese until soft and smooth. Add in sugar. Blend in sour cream and vanilla. Fold in the cool whip. Spoon the mixture into the prepared crust. Chill for at least four hours. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment