Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Chef's Dressing

Lately, I have been making my own salad dressing, particularly vinaigrettes, which are so simple--just oil and vinegar, along with seasonings of your choice. I like adding rosemary to my dressings and trying out different nut oils. The great thing about vinaigrettes is that they can be made with just about any seasonings.

Mom has a number of salad dressing recipes in her recipe box. Of course, Mom's French Village Inn Salad Dressing is her best and most popular salad dressing. For the past few years, MDS and I have hosted Easter dinner, and I decided to give this Chef's Dressing recipe a try this year. It was delicious on the spinach and kale salad. I used olive oil and balsamic vinegar, but you could use other oils or vinegars. I made this dressing a day ahead and stored it in the refrigerated so that the flavors could blend.

Chef's Dressing
  • 1/3 cup tomato sauce
  • 1/3 cup oil
  • 1/4 cup vinegar
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper
  • 1/2 tsp. oregano
  • 1/2 tsp. mustard
  • 1/4 tsp. soy sauce
Combine all ingredients into a jar and shake well. Yields one cup. Pour over salad. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment