Monday, May 20, 2013

Joe's Lamb

When we were kids, we were picky eaters. Mom would often change the names of dishes so we would eat the food rather than merely reject it outright based on the name and unusual ingredients. I do not remember Mom making lamb, but maybe she had just changed the name.

Now that we have grown, my siblings and I have expanded our palates. And, some of my siblings have even become good cooks. In my memory, Joe was the pickiest eater of my siblings when we were kids. So it is surprising that Joe may be the best cook of my brothers. Joe makes this lamb recipe for family parties that he and Holly host. Joe's version is delicious because he makes this lamb on his backyard grill. Because I do not have a grill, I just used my oven. So you will see two versions below. If you have a grill, I recommend following Joe's method.

Joe's Lamb


  • Rack of Lamb
  • Olive Oil
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
Heat the grill to medium to medium-high heat. Put aluminum foil around the end of the bones to prevent them from burning. Baste the meat with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill for 20 minutes per pound, turning halfway. Remove from heat and let sit, covered, for about 10 minutes. Cut between the bones. Enjoy!

Alternative method if you do note have a grill: After basting and seasoning the meat, place in a shallow roasting pan. Place in an oven heated to 400 degrees for 7 minutes. Lower the heat to 325 degrees and cook for about 20 for rare or for 30 minutes for medium. Remove from heat and let sit, covered, for about 10 minutes. Cut between the bones. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment