Sunday, March 25, 2012

Tuna Noodle Casserole

Every Friday during Lent we had fish for dinner, and even when it was not Lent, we often had fish on Friday. I recall that fish sticks were a common Friday dinner, but there were other Friday specials, including Tuna Heroes and today's dish, Tuna Noodle Casserole.

This casserole is made with simple ingredients, but what I always loved was the potato chips on top. There was something special about having potato chips at dinner when I was young. Now that I am old and can anything I want for dinner, I don't really want to eat potato chips for dinner. Mom usually bought a box of Jay's potato chips. In the box, there were two bags of chips. While Jay's chips are still available in the Chicago area, I have not seen them packaged in a box in a long time.

A warning about this casserole: it is very large. If there are only two people in your house, it will last a week. When we were young, there were so many of us that I suspect this casserole did not last long.

Tuna Noodle Casserole 
1 pound elbow noodles, cooked
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
2 cans tuna, drained
6 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
Potato chips, crushed

Mix the noodles, soup, tuna, and eggs.  Pour into a greased 9x13 casserole dish. Bake for about 20 minutes at 350. Sprinkle crushed potato chips on top to cover the casserole. Bake a few minutes more. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment