Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Chili

When Fall weather starts, warm comfort meals start to be more appealing. This chili recipe from Mom's recipe box fits the bill. Chili can be made ahead and reheated or left simmering until ready to eat. It is a versatile dish. I followed the recipe for this chili, but there are a number of substitutions that could be made based on your preferences.

Chili is a versatile dish that can be a meal on its own or a side dish as part of a bigger meal. Chili can be accompanied with pasta, rice, or bread. I made bacon fat biscuits to go with this batch of chili. When I made this recipe, I used a little more Worcestershire sauce because I especially like the flavor that it adds to this chili.

Chili 

  • 1 1/2 pound ground beef
  • 1 medium onion, chipped
  • 1 clove garlis, minced
  • 1 can (16 oz.) tomatoes
  • 1 can (8oz.) tomato sauce
  • 1 can (16 oz.) kidney beans
  • 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. chili powder
  • 1 tsp. paprika
  • 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 fresh tomato, diced
  • 1/2 bell pepper, diced
  • 1Tbsp. cornstarch mixed with 1/4 cup water
Brown the ground beef, onion, and garlic. Pour off drippings. Add canned tomatoes, tomato sauce, kidney beans, ground black pepper, salt, chili powder, and paprika. Add Worcestershire sauce. Simmer for 30 minutes. Add fresh tomato, bell pepper, and cornstarch/water. Cook, stirring often, for about five minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment