Saturday, September 5, 2026

Crab Sandwiches

This recipe is in Grandma's handwriting. I do not know where she found the recipe, but the sandwiches are delicious, so I am glad that she found it. This recipe is a variation on a chicken salad or tuna salad. I especially like the use of Worcestershire that gives the sandwiches a great flavor.

I made these sandwiches as open-face sandwiches, but they might be easier to eat as a closed sandwich. Grandma's recipe uses canned or frozen crabmeat, but I used imitation crab, which is what I grew up eating thinking it was real crab. If you are in a location that has access to local, fresh crab, use that instead. But in Chicago, imitation crab might be the best option.

Crabmeat Sandwiches 

  • 6 slices bread, toasted one side
  • 6 ounces crabmeat
  • 1/4 cup mayo
  • 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
  • 1 tsp. dried minced onion
  • 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 egg white, beaten 
Combine crabmeat, mayo, lemon juice, onion, Worcestershire sauce, and egg white. Spoon mixture on untoasted side of bread. Place under broiler and broil for 4-5 minutes until top begins to brown. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment